Monday, September 19, 2011

Small Box and...kind of...warm feet

Here I am again, with a cup of tea and kind of warm feet... My cool, cozy, fuzzy slippers are torn and I did not find the time to repair them or sew a new pair, so I'm a little cranky, trying to put my feet in all kind of positions to get them warm. :)

Here is another box, just a small one I did lately. It got different than the others and I have to get used to it, although I don't know why. I do like it but I always....have to get used to it, like I said ;)

Let me know what you think of it because I thought about doing more of them if Mösi still got the other ones.
It is old and handmade and lathed so it is a unique item.

It is painted in white/eggshell matt and distressed. I had to be careful painting it because the thin wood warped with too much of liquid. Since it is handmade and fitted just the right way it would have been a sad thing if the cover wouldn't fit anymore. Luckily I managed it to fit in the end.

The image of the blue birds, which makes my heart sing, I found on Karen's Blog (The Graphics Fairy).
Mode Podge, my new friend, made it possible to glue it on and I also could distress the image a little with sandpaper.
Added a piece of torn fabric with a small, old key, a cameo and a bird which gives it a victorian look.

I hope you like it!







So, this is about it for today. I will go fight my cold and try to find the balance between working and relaxing. (If someone's got advices I'm more than happy to learn ;))

Much love,
Dina



The Graphics Fairy

5 comments:

  1. Love this!!!
    I say make more for sure!!! It is so entirely charming and the hand turned makes is look very vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, the charms and fabric are perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty Dina! Great job!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool it looks like a vintage treasure!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!
    Ok, I guess I will see if there are some more left of these boxes. :)
    Thank you for your opinion!
    Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!