Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Beauty is Simple



Here is the latest piece I did and I'm totally in love with it.
I't was a dark brown stained chest with a horsehair upholstery (the first one I've seen myself) and it was in great condition.



I used ASCP "old white" and destressed it heavily with sandpaper nr 160 on the whole surface and a little bit more on the edges.






The structure of the wood came through which makes the piece wonderful in my opinion.



After cleaning, AS clear wax seemed to be the right choice. It was the first time I used it and to mention that the vapor really causes dizziness is important but I'm fully satisfied with this wax!

I did a quick upholstery with a thin wooden plate.



I glued a pad on and covered it with fabric.




Then I glued the whole piece on the inside of the cover. Done







A Diamond in the Stuff

Totally Transformed

7 comments:

  1. Great makeover, absolutely beautiful:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real beauty! I love how you added the pretty fabric you used to cover the inside, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect and the fabric was a perfect choice...Oh, and it had it's key...what a find a perfect transformation!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful piece. Great distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little chest! I love the distressed look and the fabric you chose. Thanks for linking up to Totally Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out so well. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!