Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jewelry Dresser




Today was kind of awful and I'm glad the day is over. But let me show you what I did yesterday.
Some days ago I received my first Annie Sloan Chalk Paint but didn't find time to try it out. Yesterday I did!
I had this neat little jewelry dresser from Mösi's and prepared it to be painted.

before


I used old white on the body and old ochre on the drawers. I was SO thrilled about the paint!! It's so different than anything I ever used and it's awesome to paint with it!
The "thing" happened when I applied my "wax-you-get-at-any-DIY-store"... suddenly a orangy-yellow appeared on the paint. Somehow this wax was not as translucent as it said.
I ended up telling myself that a little patina wasn't too bad but somehow I still got that shiny old white in my head it had before the waxing.
My husband likes it a lot this way, so I guess it will be ok to leave it as it turned out.






For the inside of the drawers I used a japanese linen (50% cotton, 50% linen).


I also tried out the duck egg blue and was in awe while looking at the painted piece! But I'll have to show you this later.

I'll have a very busy weekend including Friday, so it may get a little quiet on here...

Have a great and creative weekend,
Dina




 

7 comments:

  1. Love it great job Dina! Don't you just love the look and feel of the chalk paint? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peggy!
    Yes!! I do! :)
    You too have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I really like how you lined the drawers...kicks it up a notch for sure...

    Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you'll drop by too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jessessau isch das härzig!!! suuuper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely done, thanks for sharing your creativity with us.online beds company

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!